Sunday, June 30, 2013

Shit People Say to Lesbians

This one is a special request from one of my readers. So, without further ado, here are some things you should apologize for if you ever say them to a lesbian.

Sometimes said after a boy tries, and fails, to hook up with a lesbian: "I'm a lesbian too! Can I join?": Take your testosterone somewhere else! The lady said "No". Leave her alone. You're just freaking her out and offending her. Lay off.

"But you guys can't have real sex! The parts don't fit!": ... People find ways to "make the parts fit". If they couldn't, lesbian sex would be one of the most awkward things on the planet. But it's not. You don't need a penis and a vagina for it to be "real sex". Think for a moment about how everything could work.

"So who's the man in the relationship?": That would be me. This question is the equivalent of asking which chopstick is the fork. They are both women. There is no man in the equation for a reason.

"You just haven't been fucked right.": You don't have to has sex with someone to be attracted to them. It generally works the other way around. Whoever you're addressing has probably had great sex, but with other women.

"What made you a lesbian?": It's generally agreed upon that you're born that way, so nothing but genetics and hormones a fetus is exposed to could make someone a lesbian. There was no trauma that turned her away from men. She's just not interested.

"It's just a phase. You'll grow out of it.": That's really not something that tends to be a phase. People know who they're attracted to. Sexuality is too big of a factor to be that malleable.

"You're too young to know.": You wouldn't be saying that if she was dating a boy, would you? You don't think she's too young, you just don't want her to grow up and stay a lesbian. You're basically trying to argue the gay out if her. It's not an effective tactic.

I hope you like the series I'm writing. I'm going to keep going with it. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns post them in the comments section below. Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Lots of love,
Nick

4 comments:

  1. i get this shit all the time and it's great to see it being written out. your entries are always amazing, thanks nick!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like this topic could have been soo much longer! Please add to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could write more as well. But, it seems that people aren't a huge fan of lengthy posts. Also, I wasn't really sure what else to write here because I haven't had many comments like that directed toward me. However, I'll do my best to add more to this post. Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete